Saturday, March 01, 2008

I am Shiva, God of Death

Just finished watching a good movie (Michael Clayton - 2007)

Lawyers have been instrumental in facilitating the great corporate scientific crimes that have soiled the landscape of medicine. Michael Clayton (George Clooney) is a legal fixer. He slips through various phases of complicity, guilt, and understanding of corporate lies and murder.
"I realized Michael, that I had emerged not from the doors of Kenner, Bach, and Odeen, not through the portals of our vast and powerful law firm, but from the asshole of an organism who's sole function is to excrete the... the... the poison, the ammo, the defoliant necessary for other, larger, more powerful organisms to destroy the miracle of humanity. And that I had been coated in this patina of shit for the best part of my life. The stench of it and the sting of it would in all likelihood take the rest of my life to undue. And you know what I did? I took a deep cleansing breath and I put that notion aside. I tabled it. I said to myself as clear as this may be, as potent a feeling as this is, as true a thing as I believe I witnessed today, it must wait. It must stand the test of time, and Michael, the time is now."

"I am Shiva, God of Death"
Worth watching.

Earlier|Later|Main Page

2 comments:

Radagast said...

Hmmm. I think that's my concern, Aubrey: silence equates to death. What has happened to those only capable of silence?

Matt

Anonymous said...

Syriana with Clooney is a good one as well. Similar theme.